Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home

Jesus, precious Jesus. Sometimes I just can't wait to meet You.
Sometimes the journey of "faith not sight" seems like it will never end. I struggle with longing to be home with Jesus to the point of becoming an ineffective, miserable, place-filler at His table. Paul said it was better for him if he was to leave and go home but, for the sake of his people, God had chosen to leave him on earth(Phil. 1:23-24). It was "necessary" for him to be here.
To be here means that God has a purpose for our lives. That, in of itself, can be my motivation to be content, even joyful, in my current circumstances. We have a better home but not yet. Today we have this promise: "Blessed are those who have not seen me and yet have believed"(John 20:29).

No comments:

Post a Comment