Monday, June 3, 2013

Give me Jesus

As far as I know, my 5 year old daughter, Elli, has never been taught about the second coming of Jesus. But last night in her bedtime prayers, she prayed, "And Jesus, please come down so we can meet you."

Her sweet, childlike, pure faith brought me to tears. She longs to see Jesus in the flesh and knows in her heart instinctively that something isn't all the way perfect yet. There is a lacking and her heart wants the fulfillment. Even without having studied the doctrine of the second coming, she yearns for it!

God, grant me an expectant heart, eyes that are always watching for you, feet ready to go at a moment's notice. Help me to be tethered to heaven and not this soil.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:1-4 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment